A Really Awesome Consciousness Hack for You
A really cool tech to install the programs you want, so that when it comes time to take action in the real, there’s not the resistance
Here’s a really awesome consciousness hack for you
As you may or may not be aware, for the past 2 years I’ve been involved in supporting the Transformative Technology movement. I’ll talk a lot more about this in future posts, but in short we’re working to support entrepreneurs and innovators to build technologies for humanity across mental health, wellbeing, human performance and potential.
Whilst in essence technology should be supporting us to be individually and collectively - happier, healthier and evolve into our best versions of ourselves… that’s not always the case. For all the good that technology does, without the right intent it can leave us feeling disconnected, stressed, overwhelmed, depressed, lost… amongst other things.
As part of Transformative Technologies and now through, iAMconnected I get to work with incredible people like Kim Serafini. Kim (a best selling author and also founded Lithos Therapy “Hot Stone Massage”) is the founder of Positive Prime, a technology she’s pioneered that is rooted in neuroscience & positive psychology and in essence is a tool that brings together so many facets of personal growth into one incredible technology. For anyone that has been on the self improvement path for any amount of time, you would have come across theme’s that many authors, speakers, facilitators and guru’s promote as keys to effective change and growth. Let me give you a quick breakdown of a bunch of them.
- The brain is neuroplastic. Which means that we can form new neural networks in the brain to change who we are
- The brain can’t tell the difference between what is in the real and what is imagined. So we can change our brains from the outside in (and from the inside out)
- Our beliefs about ourselves and our world filter our reality. Change your beliefs, you can change your reality
- Setting positive intentions / using positive affirmations for what you want and who you are becoming, is a powerful way to do this
- Emotions help forge new neurological networks, good and bad. Good - positive associations. Bad - Trauma
- We have mirror neurons in our brains that mirror some of what we see in others… see someone smiling, it can often trigger you to smile.
- Being grateful for what you have, is a way to flip negative thoughts into positive feelings. When you feel positive you attract positive experiences and/or find ways to work through challenges to find positive outcomes
- Forging new neural networks ie: beliefs and behaviors requires repetition, reinforcement and consistency
- We unconsciously process wayyyy more information than we are consciously aware of… it’s surmised that unconsciously we process approximately 11 million bits per second, whilst our conscious mind is only capable of processing approximately 50 bits per second
- Therefore the brain reads significantly more information from images than words
- Historically vision boards (ie: meaning pictures that represent things that you’re aspiring to include in your life pieced together onto a large board and reflected on daily) have been promoted as a powerful tool for conditioning the unconscious, influencing thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Helping you to consciously and unconsciously create the life you want
So now… if you could imagine a technology that.
- Has sessions of carefully curated images, affirmations, statements on particular themes for thinking, feeling and behaviours that help you to program your brain ie: greater confidence, easily write a book, make more money, awakening… among so many others
- These sessions can be watched over the course of 15 minutes or as little as 3 minutes. Even though at 3 minutes you can’t consciously read the text, the unconscious part of you is recording everything.
- The sessions are available on demand whenever you want it
- The images selected for the sessions are selected based on positive psychology ie: Duchenne smiles affect the brain's mirror neurons... thus sending messages to our endocrine system to produce more feel good hormones such as endorphins, serotonin, dopamine & oxytocin.
- Therefore whilst the theme is positively conditioning your mind, you feel good
- You can upload your own images into the sessions, so whilst your installing a new program from the theme you are also conditioning your unconscious with the individual experiences you’d like to have in your life
- The images, statements, affirmations and your personal images are shuffled every time you watch it, so each time you watch it is a unique experience. Therefore the brain doesn’t fatigue from watching the same thing over and over again (like often happens with a vision board)
Positive Prime - https://www.positiveprime.com/ does this and more. I use it each day (often multiple times) to install the programs I want, so that when it comes time to take action in the real, there’s not the resistance. It is one of a carefully selected tech stack that we offer in our iAMconnected programs to support wellbeing and performance.
To ensure you don’t miss really cool hacks like this and invitations to be part of upcoming programs and events. please ensure you are on our VIP mailing list - https://subscribe.iamconnected.com/
Love to hear your questions and/or comments
Chief Consciousness Hacker
- More from the Blog
- Our attention is the source of our power. Do you control it or does your mind?
- Getting the most from Positive Prime
- 2021 Performance Tip - My Daily Actions ≠ My Goals
- #1 Reason To Meditate
- What could be more important than this right?!
- Taking Off the Handbrakes of Performance and Potential
- Realising Our Potential
- A Really Awesome Consciousness Hack for You
- Why I'm Vegan
- 5 Tips to Cultivate more Flow And Less Grind.